Friday, September 15, 2006

Musical Composition Challenge (AKA: No, I didn't steal this idea from "February Album Writing Month")

Alright, I have a confession to make. In my first post, if I remember correctly, I advised any composers like yourself to fill one page of sheet music each day. However, I haven’t been doing that recently, what with school starting again and other various projects.

So, for the next 30 days, I intend to compose fifteen complete piano pieces. This means, basically, one complete piece every two days. The thirty days will be from September 15th to October 14th. Normally I would make it an even month, but November is NaNoWriMo, so I’d like to have a chance to relax after this challenge before trying another one.

Since, like NaNoWriMo, this is really a sort of spur-of-the-moment sort of thing that only morons like me would even attempt, I invite any other plucky, naïve composers like myself to join me in this attempt. At the end of the thirty days, I’ll make MIDI files of the best pieces and post them here. If anyonw else is insane enough to try this with me, they can post links to MIDI files or sheet music scores of their compositions

And, I will start… now. If I ever do this again, though, I will give you all a bit of warning incase you’re late to read this post and still want to do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said...

Er...did I miss it?

9:06 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home